Caliber’s flagship fund, the Caliber Diversified Opportunity Fund II, LP, has recently acquired what many believe to be one of the best deals since Caliber’s inception – a 266 Acre master-planned, mixed-use development in Johnstown, Colorado, “The Ridge”. While we believe this investment opportunity is a home run across the spectrum of evaluation, we wanted to share the top five highlights that are currently causing the Johnstown project to make headlines.
Top Five Reasons to Own Your Share
- The Ridge at Johnstown is a diverse investment with 266 acres of single and multi-family housing, retail, commercial and industrial space development all of which boast substantial development and resale potential.
- Caliber has partnered closely with town officials and community members, including the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) which is expanding the I-25 freeway infrastructure from 2 to 3 lanes in each direction. Caliber plans to work closely with CDOT throughout this project with negotiations already in place for CDOT to re-use the soils and dirt from the expansion to infill some of the developments ravines that need to be leveled. Additionally, CDOT has agreed to pay $824,000 towards the development.
- Ideally situated in the heart of northern Colorado the property holds 90 acres of I-25 freeway frontage, making the Villages at Johnstown one of the most prominent in the region, providing unparalleled visibility to more than 100,000 vehicles a day. This unique community is positioned for rapid development and offers investors access to returns typically only seen by large institutional investors.
- Sold for approximately $17,000,000, 165 acres of single-family residential development is slated to break ground in Fall of 2019 with 3 prominent home builders being the first to enter the project. Combined, the builders will take down 208 lots with homes ranging from 1,460 to 3,800 square feet and pricing starting in the high $300s.
- With a $70,000,000 Metro-District Improvement Bond approved for reimbursement of capital improvements to the site in place, Caliber strategy to provide the infrastructure for the vertical development of different asset classes and have most of the infrastructure cost repaid by the approved Metro District boasts substantial potential for profitability.
To learn more, listen to Caliber’s Executive Vice President of Development, Roy Bade, and CEO and Co-Founder, Chris Loeffler, as they discuss investing in our Flagship Fund and the best deal yet in Caliber’s history – the Ridge at Johnstown, Colorado. Listen Here.