Inflation recently hit a four-decade high of 9.1%. The stock market is down double digits year-to-date. The U.S. economy is likely in a recession. What do investors need to know right now about Opportunity Zones and macroeconomic turbulence? Chris Loeffler, CEO and co-founder of Caliber, joins the show to discuss how investors should consider these issues, and whether there may be opportunities to take advantage of.
- How Caliber is adjusting its Opportunity Zone investment strategy in reaction to this year’s economic turbulence.
- How investors should protect against the downside while at the same time seeking opportunities from periods of uncertainty.
- How rising interest rates and may lead to falling asset values, and why this may lead to more opportunities in buying existing assets vs. new construction.
- The impact of inflation on Caliber’s operations.
- Why interest rate increases are leading to Opportunity Zone projects needing more equity to complete development.
- The importance of tax planning with your financial advisor, and some ideas for what to do with triggered capital gains.
- Updates on Caliber’s OZ Fund I close and OZ Fund II launch.
- The prospect of mergers and acquisitions in Qualified Opportunity Funds.
- What pending Opportunity Zone reform legislation may mean for investors and the OZ marketplace.
There are many seasoned investors and advisors who misunderstand critical aspects of Opportunity Zone Investing.
We’ve put together a unique guide to help you educate yourself and avoid some of the common misconceptions:
Click here to get access to “The Accredited Investor’s Guide To Opportunity Zone Investing” today.
If you are ready to speak with a senior member of our Wealth Development team, contact us today to schedule a call.
Important: Investments in Caliber private placements can lose entire value, are illiquid and are speculative. Refer to the Amended and Restated Private Placement Memorandum (PPM) for more detailed discussion of risk factors.